LOCATION OF THIS ASSIGNMENT: Kabul, Afghanistan.
Employer is a large defense contractor company seeking a Tactical Network and Satellite Technician with responsibilities that include providing rapid and direct support to end-users on hardware, software and network-related issues in Kabul, Afghanistan. ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE WILLING TO BE ASSIGNED IN THE SAID LOCATION.
– Troubleshoot with end users to determine issues, classify levels of priority and engage appropriate technicians for resolution.
– System administration duties include standard Active Directory management, server administration and basic network equipment installation.
– Document issues through trouble tickets, follow-up with end users through and after resolution to ensure customer satisfaction.
– Run various IT cables including CAT5e/CAT6 and fiber, install IT equipment such as servers, routers and switches.
– Knowledge of VSAT technology required.
– Perform maintenance and troubleshooting of desktop/laptop computers.
– Configure and install wired and wireless networks and their hardware.
– Provide telephone and live tech support for local end users.
– Provide data entry and report generation support for corporate enterprise software.
– Support and Installation for OCONUS forward operating locations (FOLs).
– Research and discovery of local technology resources.
– Maintain full accountability of IT assets/inventory.
– Currently possess a U.S. Passport before assignment if U.S. citizen.
– Possess and maintain a SECRET Security Clearance.
– Bachelor degree in Information Technology or related field. Two (2) years of experience may be substituted for each year of the four (4) years of college.
– Must hold a current and valid industry standard certification in a typical computing and/or networking environment (i.e., Microsoft, Cisco).
– Certification in A+, Network+ and Security+
– Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Certified Cisco Network Administration (CCNA) highly desirable.
– BICSI training in cabling/installation desirable.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
– This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, network multifunctional printer. However, the primary work locations of this position are found in a challenging physical environment with limited health care options. The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
– Must be able to walk or stand on level and/or inclined surfaces up to three (3) hours per day and sit for up to five (5) hours per day.
– Must be able to routinely climb/descend stairs or ladders.
– On occasion, must be able to lift 30 pounds.
– Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows/knees, and reach above/below shoulders.
– Must be able to run on/off aircraft carrying equipment, wearing personal protective equipment.
– Must be able to read and interpret newspaper and typewritten print.
– Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depths.
– Works in a rough office environment with varying degrees of controlled temperature and lighting conditions. May be required to travel to and between remote location(s) in austere environments. May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational and technical circumstances, including extreme weather conditions and rudimentary infrastructure. May be exposed to extreme noise from turbine and jet engine aircraft. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; may be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts.
You will also have opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility, including management roles. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.