FOREIGN AND COMMONWEALTH OFFICE is advertising for a Post Security Manager to work at the British High Commission in New Delhi, India. Applications close 26th July 2017.
To provide security related support to the Post Security Officer (PSO) and Regional Security Managers (ROSM) to provide safe and secure working and living environments for all staff and family members at the British Deputy High Commission New Delhi. Working to the Regional Overseas Security Managers’, the Post Security Manager is responsible for the day to day security of the British High Commission in New Delhi. The successful applicant will act as the main liaison point of the High Commission’s security management team
The PSM role requires an individual who can demonstrate strengths in stakeholder engagement, both internally and externally. The role calls for a confident, articulate person who can project presence, but also someone who can display empathy and calmness under pressure. Credibility, honesty, and integrity play a central part to the PSM role.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- BHC Guard Force
- Monitoring and Briefing
- Security Operations
- Liaison with local Security and Law Enforcement Agencies
- Vetting & Recruitment
- Management of Security Documentation
- Contribute to Post Crisis Management planning
- Conduct security related tasks, including occasional out of hours duties and regional travel as required as detailed by the Post Security Officer and/ or the ROSMs.
- Military or police service (or related employment) with proven track record of management and leadership experience
- Desirable qualifications and experience
- Previous experience in use of CCTV, alarm systems and Automated Access Control Systems
- Full driving license
- Because of the security clearance requirement only nationals of the following countries are eligible to apply: UK or other EU country, Canada, Australia, USA, New Zealand. British citizens must have been resident in the UK for at least two of the previous 10 years.