Employer is seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to apply for PSD roles predicted on a range of projects in Basra, Baghdad or Badra, Iraq. Would ideally suit those with no notice to serve/ available to deploy immediately upon receipt of visa. Rotation is 8 weeks on and 4 off.
The PPO/ FPOS Medic is responsible for assisting the team leader with the provision of armed security both mobile and static in order to provide the client the appropriate level of protection on all SET missions. In addition the PPO/ FPOS Medic is responsible for the provision of basic life support to the client and company staff; he reports directly to the SET team leader.
– Act as PPO and vehicle commander on all SET movements outside the LSC.
– Responsible for providing armed deterrent and presence at all sites visited by the SET in support of the dedicated client.
– Responsible for delivering the security brief to all clients on vehicular missions.
– Responsible for maintaining a high level of situational awareness on all missions.
– Responsible for check navigation as required.
– Responsible for the maintenance of all weapon systems issued.
– Act as PPO/ Medic on all SET movements.
– Responsible for conducting client medical welfare checks whilst static on site.
– In conjunction with medical trainer is responsible for conducting all medical training within the SET.
– Provide support & assistance for any Medical Officer as required
– Perform any other tasks and duties not mentioned above as directed by Project management.
· Military experience obligatory minimum of 5 years
· Completed a recognized Close Protection Course
· Private Security Company experience desirable, especially as Operator/ Medic.
· Previous experience in Oil and Gas industry desirable.
· Previous hostile experience in the Middle East of at least 2 years .
· Good standard of written and verbal skills required.
· Computer literacy advantageous.
· Certification and experience in Basic Life Support essential (FPOSi Course)
· Certification and experience in Basic Life Support Resuscitation essential.
· Previous experience in clinical care experience desirable but not essential.
· Medical training role qualifications desirable.
· Good inter-personal skills, both with Project, Client & external personnel.
· Age not prescriptive, but candidate will need the experience referred to above.
· Be in possession of a current driving license.
· Must be able to work productively under pressure.
· Will need to demonstrate flexibility.
· Be in possession of a clean police criminal records check.
· Must be physically fit to operate in extreme weather and arduous conditions
· In date SIA license or international equivalent.