JOB LOCATION: Ogden, UT (or hybrid remote)
START DATE: Immediate
PAY: $85,000 – $125,000(1) + Benefits(2)
Employment Type: F/T Employee (W-2) or F/T Contractor (1099)
(1) Pay rate is determined by Candidate’s level of experience
(2) If hired as a W-2 Employee, candidate will have the option for medical insurance, life insurance, PTO and Disability coverage and 401(k). Relocation package offered if candidate is willing to relocate to Ogden, UT.
Employer is a US Government contractor based out of Ogden, Utah and is seeking a full-time Oracle Database Administrator to install, configure and maintain Oracle database systems that support critical missions. This position is being offered for a minimum term of one (1) year and may extend up to 4 years and can be worked 100% on-site or 75% remote/25% on-site. US citizens only – no exceptions.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Optimize database performance using tools such as Oracle Enterprise Manager, SQL Tuning Advisor, and AWR reports to ensure system availability and responsiveness
– Troubleshoot and resolve database issues using tools such as Oracle Support, My Oracle Support, and Service Requests in a timely and effective manner
– Develop and implement backup and recovery strategies using tools such as Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) and Oracle Data Guard to protect against data loss and minimize downtime
– Manage database security, access control, and data integrity in compliance with DoD and Air Force security policies using tools such as Oracle Label Security, Oracle Database Vault, and Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall
– Plan and implement database upgrades and patches in accordance with DoD and Air Force guidelines using tools such as Oracle Patch Set Updates, Critical Patch Updates, and Database Proactive Patch Program
– Collaborate with developers and other IT professionals to ensure database availability and performance while maintaining security posture using tools such as Agile methodologies, DevOps, and ITIL processes Create and maintain database documentation and procedures to support accreditation and compliance efforts using tools such as Microsoft Visio, SharePoint, and Atlassian Confluence
– Provide on-call support as needed using tools such as PagerDuty and Remedy Service Management
– Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain a security clearance
– Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level 3 Certification (such as CompTIA Security+ CE, CASP CE, CISSP, or equivalent requirements)
– Must possess at least 4+ years of experience as an Oracle DBA in a federal environment
– Proficiency in Oracle database administration, including installation, configuration, maintenance, performance tuning, backup and recovery, and security using tools such as Oracle Database, Oracle Grid Infrastructure, and Oracle Database Appliance
– Familiarity with DoD security policies, including the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and the Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
– Experience with Middleware and Weblogic
– Thorough understanding of database security controls and mechanisms, including database encryption, role-based access controls, and auditing using tools such as Oracle Transparent Data Encryption, Oracle Database Vault, and Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
– Excellent communication and collaboration skills and ability to interface with clients and colleagues of all levels
– Willingness to learn new technologies and stay up-to-date with industry and DoD/Air Force trends using tools such as Oracle Learning Library, Oracle University, and DoD Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program (DoD 8570)
– Formal education in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, or years of relevant hands-on experience.
– Candidates who already possess an active SECRET or TOP SECRET clearance from any US Government clearance issuing authority will be given preferential review.