THE PENTAGON is hiring a network engineer for full-time salaried employment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide architecture and system integration planning services across the entire Satellite Communications (SATCOM) frequency spectrum.
- Support HQDA, CIO/G-6 efforts concerning the policies, technologies, operations, architecture and planning of SHF, EHF and UHF MILSATCOM programs, aerial tier communication programs, commercial SATCOM programs, Presidential Special Communications Links or any other SATCOM associated projects.
- Provide services to support SATCOM and airborne requirements integration and architecture development efforts and attend meetings with other Services, Agencies and Office of Secretary of Defense (OSD) SATCOM forums, i.e., Principal DoD Space Advisor (PDSA), National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), and Joint Space Advisory Council (JSAC).
- Provide analysis, evaluation and recommendations on communications architectures and Army initiatives to the Army Coordination Team (ACT) supporting the National Reconnaissance Office.
- Support Wideband and Narrowband SATCOM Working Groups, Position, Navigation, and Timing (PNT) Working Groups. This includes analysis, evaluation and recommendations on communications architectures efforts with regard to support of Army initiatives.
- Support IT PfM activities and Army Enterprise Network capability alignment to the Enterprise Information Environment Mission Area strategy by tracking current and planned Space and Airborne capability efforts (plans / investments / performance) and providing recommendations and analyses to the Domain Managers for incorporation into the portfolio strategy, planning, implementation and oversight activities.
- Provide technical expertise on matters relating to the Joint aerial communications tier as they are presented at the Joint Aerial Layer Network (JALN) Council and Joint requirements boards.
- Provide technical expertise to support the development of persistent, high altitude aerial capabilities through various enterprises in the Army and Air Force that are searching for lower cost alternatives to current systems.
- Provide technical, analytical, programmatic, operational, policy, and planning support for Enterprise Satellite Communications initiatives.
- Assist in the development of the FPMH MDEP, ensuring that the Enterprise SATCOM architecture is synchronized with DISA and STRATCOM policies and procedures and that all Enterprise terminal fieldings are reviewed during the semiannual Weapons Systems Reviews.
- Monitor tactical and operational developments in MDEP FPMJ to ensure that tactical SATCOM systems are synchronized with Enterprise gateway developments.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Top Secret SCI (TS/SCI) clearance are required
- B.S. degree in computer science or related field with 5 years of progressively more challenging experience
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills