STS INTERNATIONAL is seeking Logistics/ Procurement Specialists to support planning, implementation, operation, and performance of logistics and procurement functions, including supply chain, acquisition, distribution, and transportation for a project that involves installation, maintenance, and repair of the following types of Non-Intrusive Inspection Systems (NIIS) systems and technologies:
• Entry Control Point (ECP) equipment – to include cameras and integrated pop-up barriers and turn styles into the ECP architecture.
• Vehicle and Cargo Inspections Systems
• ISR and other Ground-based Surveillance Systems
• Various other imaging and force protection systems (to include Fixed/PTZ cameras, intrusion detection sensors, radars and other personnel identification technologies)
This position is located full-time in Kuwait and will require the candidate to meet physical deployment requirements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manages and participates in planning, implementation, operation, and performance of logistics and/or procurement functions, including supply chain, acquisition, distribution, and transportation.
• Prepares integrated logistic plans and policy and procedures for logistic support for major systems.
• Ensures that proper logistic considerations are included in program processes at each major milestone.
• Performs analyses to determine maintainability, reliability, and supportability requirements. • Documents results of the analyses in a report format.
• Develops systems maintenance concepts and plans and life cycle supply requirements and processes to meet supply requirements.
• Performs cost analysis associated with systems logistic support and develops and reviews systems acquisition projects’ operating plans and procedures to ensure logistic support considerations are included.
• Researchers locate, and negotiates with qualified sources of supplies.
• Negotiates pricing and requests quotes from vendors, and recommends the most qualified source to meet budget and scheduling objectives.
• Implements material shipment controls and inventory control (including GFE).
• Manages and oversees the creation, receipt and/or processing and tracking of requests for materiel.
• Ensures purchase orders are tracked and invoices are reconciled.
• Ensures timely response to inquiries regarding shipment or inventory status.
• Ensures that necessary databases, spreadsheets, reports, and records for material control are maintained
• Conducts audits to verify inventory and minimize discrepancies/ duplications and prepares subsequent reports and documentation.
• May subsequently identify the need to adjust procedures or future orders.
• Will identify and implement new tools and/ or methods aimed at improving efficiency and best value pricing objectives as needed.
• Minimum of six years of experience in materials acquisition and control in a DoD environment
• Proficient with Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Verbal and written communications must be timely and of consistently high quality in content, style and clarity
• Maximo experience is a plus.
• Military experience in the logistics field is a plus
• Bachelors degree
• Active U.S. DOD Secret Clearance is required
• Candidates must be willing to work, live and travel in overseas locations and live in austere conditions for up to one year with a possibility of extension.
• Danger, stress, physical hardships and possible field living conditions associated with this position are possible within a field camp complex.
• Willing to work a 12-hour shift, 7 days a week for extended periods.
• Ability to pass a health and welfare screening and meet requirements as stated in FM 3100.21, “Contractors on the Battlefield.”
• Possess a current United States passport.
• Ability to cope with shared cafeteria, bath and sleeping quarters.
• Possess a valid US driver’s license in good standing
• Ability to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
• Ability to do physically demanding work including lifting and climbing in rigorous environments (including extreme heat and desert climates).
APPLICANTS SELECTED WILL BE SUBJECT TO A GOVERNMENT SECURITY INVESTIGATION AND MUST MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCESS TO CLASSIFIED INFORMATION.