LOCATION: Fairfield, CT, United States (Note: Candidate MUST be local to Fairfield, CT. Relocation will not be provided and appropriate state licensing is a prerequisite for this job.)
SUMMARY: The Executive Protection Agent will provide for the welfare, physical protection, and security of a high profile client by performing armed and/or unarmed executive protection assignments.
1. Provide close protection and other security-related functions for the client during domestic and/or international assignments;
– Lead counter surveillance operations.
– Perform protective advance planning and threat vulnerability assessments.
– Transport the client and/or family members to events and appointments, using evasive and/or defensive driving tactics, as needed.
– Effectively manage the client and/or their family/representative requests against the need to ensure all safety and security precautions.
– Respond to emergencies and perform medical operations, as needed.
2. Deescalate tense situations or individuals that arise at the client residence and/or events;
– Communicate vulnerabilities or safety concerns in a timely manner.
3. Complete suspicious activity reports, incident reports. shift logs, pattern of life reports, medical treatment reports, and other administrative requirements.
4. Ensure vehicle is in clean and safe operating conditions at all times.
5. Assist with protection schedules and team assignments.
6. Operate and maintain protective, operations, and communications equipment;
7. Promptly identify and escalate deficiencies/failures.
8. All other duties, as assigned.
– Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
– Must be willing to participate in the Company pre-employment screening process including drug testing and background investigation.
– Must be at least 18 years of age.
– Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
– Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
– Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
– Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
– Must have applicable state and local license/permits to carry a concealed firearm.
– At least 5 years of executive protection experience including advance planning, surveillance and counter surveillance operations and security driving for high net-worth clients.
– Possess a Connecticut Guard Card and/or HR218
– Defensive driving tactics training/experience
– International experience, preferred.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
– Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
– Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
– Exposure to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
– Rapid and effective decision-making during unusual or emergency situations.
– Work in environments and under conditions that require carrying authorized weapons and ammunition, the use of protective gear and devices, and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
– Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
– Regular computer usage.
– Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
– Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
– Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
– Frequent sitting, standing and/or walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
– On occasion, may be required to perform stressful and physical activity.
– Domestic and/or international travel.
– 24/7 availability to the client.