Position: Director of Security
Employment Type: Contractor
Length of Contract: 1 year with extensions
Client Type: Private
Compensation: $400 – $500 per day depending on level of experience. Flights, hotel accommodations, meals, and other expenses outlined in contract will be covered.
Rotation: Presently none, but will consider if the right rotational team exists.
Positions Available: Three (3)
– This is a Director of Security (DoS) position for a high end resort in the Los Cabos region of Mexico. As the DoS you will report directly to the private security company that holds the contract and liaison between the client and the company.
– Build, supervise, and lead local national (LN) guard force.
– Oversee construction of security walls, fences, vehicle/man gates, security cameras, card acess readers, and security bollards to ensure installation is within parameters of Scope of Work (SOW).
– MUST have a high level of maturity and be a proven leader from your individual area of expertise.
– MUST have the ability to create and build relationships.
– Must be a people person with strong interpersonal skills. Those desired are:
– strong verbal /non-verbal communication
– listening skills
– negotiation skills
– problem solving skills
– decision making skills
– Have experience running and managing LN’s.
– Fluent Spanish speaker, reader, and writer. (Preferred, but not necessary).
– MUST be prior service.
– MUST have been a senior NCO or Officer with command time.
– Rationalize different security solutions against requirements, risk, and constraints. Build business justification to support continued investment in security.
– Create Gantt chart in line with company guidance and have the ability to complete tasks in an unsupervised capacity per SOW.
– Produce weekly and monthly analytical forecasts on the region as directed.
– Establish local guard force under the guidance of company SOW.
– Supervise and implement guard force SOP’s as outlined in SOW.
– Create guard force manning rosters and schedules.
– Create guard force sustainment program.
– Establish operational chain of command.
– Establish clear post orders and guard force rotations.