The Team Leader should have exceptional communication skills with the ability to interact and communicate effectively with the Principal and their team. The Team Leader will be responsible for the smooth running of the Close Protection Detail by applying sound leadership principles and judgement at all times. The role involves strong operational, strategic and interpersonal skills. You must also have a strong customer service mentality. This is a full-time position with benefits and is located in the Los Angeles, CA area.
- Engage routinely with Client and staff, professionally, politely and appropriately.
- Plan and prepare team for client movements prior to departure.
- Direct and coordinate actions of assigned team during client movements
- Timely completion and submission of team schedules for sign of by management, ensuring full coverage at all times.
- Foster team cohesion and address issues in a fair and transparent manner leaving no friction unattended to nor any issue unresolved or reporting these upwards for assistance in their resolution.
- Ensure the performance and discipline of assigned personnel to prescribed standards and report poor performance to management.
- Conduct and assess continuous training with Close Protection Detail Team.
- Act as a first responder to any emergencies or suspicious activities.
- Report all incidents, accidents, or emergencies as required.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Current and active BSIS Guard Card
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Executive Protection (may substitute with pertinent military or law enforcement experience)
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug test
- Must be physically fit, presentable and able to stand long hours and maintain high alertness level during long hours
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Exercises sound operational judgment, as well as flexibility to shifting priorities and challenges
- Candidate must have flexible availability including holidays, nights and weekends with the ability to travel outside the U.S.
- Able to use a personal computer and have working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Disciplined, professional, teamwork oriented
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective communications skills with phone/email/radio
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (written and verbal)
- Ability to maintain a satisfactory attendance record
- Reliable transportation
- Will be required to sign a confidentiality & non-disclosure agreement
- Prior military or law enforcement experience. Veterans who held military occupational specialties, including Marine Security Guard, Military Police Officer, FAST, and combat arms related positions, are strongly desired.
- Prior training in emergency medicine, defensive tactics and arresting techniques, and tactical firearms.
- BSIS Exposed Firearm permit preferred
- Security: 5 years
- BSIS Guard Card
- BSIS Exposed Firearm Permit (preferred)