JOB LOCATION: Washington D.C.
START DATE: Immediate
PAY: $90,000 – $150,000(1) + Benefits(2)
Employment Type: F/T Employee (W-2)
(1) Pay rate is determined by Candidate’s level of experience
(2) 15 paid personal days, Platinum Health/Dental/Vision/Rx coverage under Blue Cross Blue Shield Preferred, Short Term/Long Term Disability coverage and $50,000 life insurance coverage, a 401(k) with company match, access to IT and cyber training courses, as well as opportunity for cross-training or mentorship with cyber skills.
Employer is seeking a full-time Malware Protection Analyst to conduct Malware Reverse Engineering with a team of cyber-security SMEs to identify potential vulnerabilities and exploits while assisting with assessments of information systems.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Document vulnerabilities and exploits used by malware
– Analyze, evaluate, and document malicious code behavior
– Assist with security assessments, risk assessments, and vulnerability testing
– Candidate MUST possess either an active SECRET or TOP SECRET clearance from any US Government clearance issuing authority (TS is preferred but will accept and upgrade those with active Secret clearances)
– Must possess at least one of the following active certifications: Certified Information Systems Security Professional, GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst, GIAC Certified Incident Handler, or GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware certified
– Ability to conduct some form of malware analysis and reverse engineering of malware
– Understanding of operating systems and how malware exploits them
– Understanding of network traffic and ability to analyze traffic introduced by malware
– Knowledge of vulnerabilities and exploits
– Knowledge of common hacking tools and techniques
– Proficiency in the following concepts/toolsets; network sniffers, process analysis tools, registry analysis tools, file analysis tools, memory analysis tools
– Experience with penetration testing, vulnerability management and application security code reviews
– Bachelor’s degree
– Fluent in English