JOB LOCATION: Washington D.C.
START DATE: Immediate
PAY: $90,000 – $150,000(1) + Benefits(2)
Employment Type: F/T Employee (W-2)
(1) Pay rate is determined by Candidate’s level of experience
(2) 15 paid personal days, Platinum Health/Dental/Vision/Rx coverage under BlueCross BlueShield Preferred, Short Term/Long Term Disability coverage and $50,000 life insurance coverage, a 401(k) with company match, access to IT and cyber training courses, as well as opportunity for cross-training or mentorship with cyber skills.
Employer is seeking a full-time Cyber Security Coordinator to assess the implementation of security controls on information and network systems using security testing and evaluation (ST&E) procedures.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Plan, coordinate, and conduct security assessments
– Assess the policies and procedures implemented to protect all categories of information
– Conduct vulnerability risk assessments and other types of systems
– Evaluate the effectiveness of security solutions (i.e. media sanitization, data transmission, authenticator management and encryption controls)
– Assess adherence to client security policies and controls regarding networks, internal/external systems, and web applications
– Generate formal assessment reports, detailing vulnerabilities and recommendations
– Candidate MUST possess either an active SECRET or TOP SECRET clearance from any US Government clearance issuing authority (TS is preferred but will accept and upgrade those with active Secret clearances)
– 5 years of experience working in: data security, information technology systems operations and maintenance; network, telecommunications security and remote access; or security risk management
– 2+ years of experience conducting security assessments, and/or planning and executing comprehensive tests, including risk assessment
– 2+ years of experience working with NIST RMF
– Functional knowledge of vulnerabilities, issues, and threats to information systems
– Possess working knowledge of technical controls used to ensure confidentiality, integrity, availability and privacy of data
– Attention to detail, with strong verbal communication skills
– Bachelor’s degree
– Fluent in English
– Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) preferred