The Employer is in search of a Part or Full-time Accounts Receivable/Payable Specialist to join our team in Montgomery, Texas. The following is information on the position being offered:
Obtains revenue and pays invoices by verifying and completing payable and receivable transactions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
· Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting documents and related information.
· Pays invoices by verifying transaction information; scheduling and preparing disbursements; obtaining authorization of payment.
· Obtains revenue by verifying transaction information; computing charges and refunds; preparing and mailing invoices; identifying delinquent accounts and insufficient payments.
· Collects revenue by reminding delinquent accounts; notifying customers of insufficient payments.
· Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
· Maintains accounting ledgers by posting account transactions.
· Verifies accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
· Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing stop payments, payments, or adjustments.
· Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
· Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
· Maintains financial historical records by filing accounting documents.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Must have strong work ethic
· Must be well organized and a self-starter
· Must be able to follow standard filing procedures
· Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
· Proficient in QuickBooks Desktop, Excel and Word, 10-key by touch, Oracle experience a plus
· Ability to type 60-65 wpm
· Possess strong organizational and time management skills
· Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation
skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
· Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
· Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
· Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
· Ability to speak and write English fluently is required. English and Spanish speaking is a plus
· Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
· Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The position reports to the CEO, CFO, President and Controller.
Fluent in English. Communicates effectively in both oral and written communications. Communicates with supervisor, peers, subordinates and other Company staff; working as part of a team contributing to Company goals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The position requires ability to walk up to a mile without physical distress, climb stairs and lift up to 50lbs and frequent prolonged periods of standing, bending, pulling, twisting, reaching, climbing and standing.
APPLY BELOW IF INTERESTED